[Resolved] Controlling displayed image size

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Controlling displayed image size

Home Forums Support Controlling displayed image size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I am having trouble creating equal height footer images. I have prepared 8 images with a variable width, but all with height 186px.

However when I insert them (2 in each footer widget, and 4 footer widgets), one of them displays much higher than the others, and the footer widget size looks way to large.

Is there something going on here that alters the image height once it is put into the footer widgets (because they all had sources files with width 186px)?

Or maybe I should be using a different method to display these 8 company logos at the bottom of the page?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the WP thumbnail images have the following properties: max-width: 100%; and height: auto; this allows them to scale to fit their containers, this way they scale to fit instead of distorting the aspect ratio when the screen is rescaled.

Best way is to ensure that all your original images have identical dimensions or at least the same aspect ratio.
    Are you able to edit the images? If so create a template that can accommodate the tallest and widest of the images. Place each one within the template. And save them with transparent or white space around them. This way they will all be the same size.

Mark

Thanks David.

Mark

Mark

I made them (in Photoshop) all have the same height, but maybe I have to have them all have the same width too?

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes keeping them all the same width and height will solve the issue. You can always leave white or transparent space ( if you’re using a PNG file ) to create deadspace around them so the logo itself stays proportional.

Mark

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.