Control addons in a multisite

Home Forums Support Control addons in a multisite

Home Forums Support Control addons in a multisite

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hi Tom,

I want to use GP Premium in a multisite, but I don’t know how to control it. Some questions:

a) Are there sitewide options to control which addons are available to subsides?
    b) How to deactivate Execute PHP on the complete site. I don’t want my students to do that πŸ˜‰
    c) Every site get’s the dialog to verify email for auto-updates. where to do that correctly?

Best wishes for this great piece of web πŸ˜‰

Daniel

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Daniel,

I haven’t work with multi-site a lot yet – I’ll have to play around with it and the add-ons.

a) I believe once the plugin is network activated, you need to activate it on the individual sites, and then go to “Appearance > GeneratePress” on each site to choose which add-ons should be enabled.

b) Interesting – can’t think of how to disable this right now – I’ll have to look into a way of doing it.

c) This is something I may need to change for multi-site so you don’t need to verify it on every site. Will look into this too.

Tish

Just wanted to chime in and say that I would love these features as well! I already have my new sites defaulting to my GP child theme, which is nice, but only the styles hard-coded in my css file are auto-applied to the new sites. (So nothing I change through the GUI editor at the top level applies to new sites.)

I would be interested in setting up some of my styles (like layout/sizing styles) at the top level, and allowing new sites to set their own colors/typography.

Anyway, that’s a lot of work and I appreciate the amazing theme you’ve already put together. I just thought some more feedback might be useful.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tish, thanks for the feedback!

That would definitely be ideal – I’ll try and find some time to work on this πŸ™‚

minanielsen

Hi Tom,

Is this something that still might get done? If it made it easier, perhaps a first step could be just to check for a bunch of constants before including each add-on? Then developers could set those constants to effectively remove add-ons from the available list?

I’d be happy to help, if there was a chance of getting something like this into the premium plugin soon.

In the meantime, I guess I’ll just remove admin menus and customizer sections for safety. That’s just a bit potentially confusing for any client who tries to enable an add-on and can’t understand why its settings are not showing up – so not ideal.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In the latest version, add-ons in GP Premium can be activated through wp-config.php using constants.

There’s no current built in way to hide add-ons to site admins (non network admins), but it’s on the road map πŸ™‚

minanielsen

Good to know πŸ™‚

Incidentally, I was just checking the licenses of GP and GP Premium, whilst weighing up the possibility of forking the projects to make what I need from them. Thank you both for putting all this love into two awesome products, and for freely licensing all that work. I so much prefer to offer code than requests for other people to write code πŸ™‚

Roberto Enrique

I actually use Multisite A LOT. My 0,02€:

@Tish
    , there’s a wpmudev plugin called Cloner that helps you clone websites in your network, there’s another one called New Blog Templates that you should consider too

@Tom
    Being able to add license info only on network admin would be really nice.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I played with adding the license key to the wp-config.php file, the trouble is triggering the system to check and activate the license key without a button you press to do so.

Still playing with that one πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.