[Resolved] Content not displaying correctly on archive pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content not displaying correctly on archive pages

Home Forums Support Content not displaying correctly on archive pages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rachel

Hi there, I have an issue with my WP show posts widget content not displaying correctly on my category and tag archive pages correctly.

On my pages and single posts, the footer widget 1 and sidebar Recent Posts widget (which both use WP show posts widget) displays with the correct padding. However on my archive pages the widget content has much larger padding between each URL in both the sidebar widget and the footer widget.

I think it is picking up the container top spacing, but I don’t know how to fix the issue – are you able to assist?

Thanks,
    Rachel

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try adding this CSS:

.one-container.archive .sidebar .post.wp-show-posts-single {
      padding-bottom: 0;
    }
    Rachel

It is an issue in the footer widgets too, so I added this code below – is that correct/efficient or is there a better way?

.one-container.archive .sidebar .post.wp-show-posts-single {
    }

.one-container.archive .footer-widgets .post.wp-show-posts-single {
    }

Also, can you explain why it is occurring, as I have another GP site with WP show posts and this is not happening. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the two pages so I can compare the differences?

Rachel

Hi Leo, I have already added the suggested code to the problem site, but have linked the two sites below for you to take a look at if that still helps. Can you also let me know if the code I have added is suitable? Thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Also, can you explain why it is occurring, as I have another GP site with WP show posts and this is not happening. Thanks!

The 2 sites seems to be using 2 completely different style.min.css.

Is the CSS not working on your end? Let us know.

Rachel

Hi, yes they are separate sites but I thought I had built them the same way- but there must be different settings impacting how WP show post widgets are displaying for one to need this css fix and the other doesn’t. It doesn’t matter – I was just interested in what might be impacting the widget.

The css above is working – can you confirm the way I listed it is the most efficient way to add it as additional CSS?

Thanks,
    Rachel

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can can comma separate multiple CSS selectors to apply same rules like so:

.one-container.archive .sidebar .post.wp-show-posts-single,
    .one-container.archive .footer-widgets .post.wp-show-posts-single {
    }
    Rachel

Great, thanks. All working.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.