[Resolved] Content in Masonry blocks?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content in Masonry blocks?

Home Forums Support Content in Masonry blocks?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gerrit

Hi,

I’m a newbie both to GeneratePress and to website design with WordPress. I bought GP Premium hoping to put masonry blocks of content on my website pages. Is that possible, or is masonry only for blog posts? One of my website pages will be a blog, but the rest of it is static content.

Thanks,
    Gerrit

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Masonry is typically used for the blog as it shows multiple posts on the one page.

Are you wanting to display static content in each masonry block on a regular page, or will the content for each block get called from somewhere?

Gerrit

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom. BTW, I really like GeneratePress and it’s shaping up to be a nice website platform.

Yes, I want to display static content in masonry blocks. I know there are other plugins which do this, but I’d like to keep that to a minimum and use the GeneratePress Premium features where possible.

Is there another way to have blocks of static content using GP Premium? I’m using your Lightweight Grid Columns which is good, just wondering if I can have masonry-like blocks instead.

Gerrit

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you’re liking the theme ๐Ÿ™‚

There’s no current way to do this with static content I’m afraid – you might have to go the plugin route.

It’s something that involves javascript etc.. so it’s a little complicated. I’ll try and come up with a way to use what’s built into the Blog add-on, but I’m not 100% sure it will be possible.

I’ll update this topic if I think of something.

Gerrit

I found a plugin SiteOrigin which is doing exactly what I want. It’s excellent for creating responsive tiled web pages, and is working well. I should be able to use GP masonry blocks when I get to my blog page, so that will be good too.

Thanks for the help,
    Gerrit

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it’s working ๐Ÿ™‚

David

Thanks for sharing that Gerrit. Is it still working well for you?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.