[Resolved] Content Color Below Short Post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content Color Below Short Post

Home Forums Support Content Color Below Short Post

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Judi

I am in the midst of configuring my website using the GeneratePress Premium. There is one setting that I can’t seem to resolve. I have set up my content area so that my blog posts show on the left side (75% of width) and there is a right-side sidebar. I have my site background set as pink, my side bar to set as gray and my main content/blog post area set as white. There is no spacing between the containers. Here is my problem: under the post area, I see the pink background (because my “dummy” post is very short). I would like the white to extend down the page to the footer. Any suggestions?

You can see my site at http://www.judikahler.com.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Judi

Hi Tom. I finally got around to adding the code (from your linked page) to the wp_footer area in GP Hooks. Unfortunately, that did not fix the issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the site so I can see what’s happening with the code added?

bdbrown

Hi Judi. While Tom’s working on a better fix, you could try this in your child theme CSS:

/* set content area background */
    .site-content {
        background: #fff;
    }
    /* set sidebar background */
    #right-sidebar {
       background: #fef2fa;
    }

Judi

Tom, My site is http://www.judikahler.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Judi,

Where did you add the code? I’m not seeing it in your source?

Judi

Tom,

My apologies! I had put it in the wp_footer GP Hook area (per your link’s instructions). When I read bdbrown’s suggestion, I removed the code and tried his suggestion of adding .site-content {background: #fff;} to the CSS. It worked and was a simple solution.

Judi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it worked! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.