[Resolved] Content and Sidebar Top Misalignment on Static Home Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content and Sidebar Top Misalignment on Static Home Page

Home Forums Support Content and Sidebar Top Misalignment on Static Home Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

On my static front page, I have a no-sections, content-sidebar layout. The top of the content does not align with the top of the sidebar. See image.

content and side bar top misalignment

I don’t think the culprit is any CSS, short codes, or HTML, because if I remove all of that, the content area appears as short white rectangle that misaligns with the sidebar exactly the way it does with all the code and content. Running GP Premium 1.5.1. Have gone through all the property pages and have not found a setting to fix this.

What would you suppose is the cause/solution?

[Today I have been switching themes from Twenty Twelve to GeneratePress. The idea of switching themes was intimidating, but with GeneratePress, it has turned out to be far less painful than I anticipated. Googling ” something something GeneratePress” nearly always lands on solutions in this forum. It’s a great theme, worth every penny. Should have started out with it a few years ago.]

Thomas

Ahh, found it using Chrome’s developer’s tools.

Changed this:

.entry-content, .entry-summary, .page-content {
        margin: 2em 0 0;
    }

to this:

.entry-content, .entry-summary, .page-content {
        margin: 0 0 0;
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you disable the title using the Disable Elements meta box, that element will lose it’s margin automatically ๐Ÿ™‚

Thomas

Beautimous! That’s the better way to do it. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.