[Resolved] Container Width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Container Width

Home Forums Support Container Width

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hi,

I bought GeneratePress yesterday, and love it!

I imported a site from the site library (Marketer), but I’m experiencing a minor issue with the container width. I didn’t notice immediately, but now that I have, I can’t unsee it!

The container is slightly narrower on the 2 pages (Privacy Policy and Website Terms of Use) linked to in the footer bar than on the other pages/posts.

How can I fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

is that on any particular device or browser? As i am not able to see a difference

Tim

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This is on a Windows PC, and I’ve tested it with Chrome, Edge and IE.

The container width shifts slightly when you move between “Privacy Policy” or “Website Terms of Use” to any of the other pages/posts.

I’ve done some experimenting, and it only seems to occur there is a lot of text (as there is on these two pages) where the user has to scroll down. If I use less text on these pages, so there’s no need to scroll down, the issue seems to disappear.

Thanks in advance.
    Tim

Tim

Hi David,

This issue seems to exist only if no footer widgets are enabled. I enabled 3 footer widgets and the issue is fixed.

I’m not sure of the reason for the issue, but I’m happy to mark this as resolved. I prefer the look with footer widgets anyway.

Thanks,
    Tim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

that is really odd i wonder what was causing it. Glad to hear you found a resolution though 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.