[Resolved] Container stopped being applied to content after upgrading to Elementor Pro

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Container stopped being applied to content after upgrading to Elementor Pro

Home Forums Support Container stopped being applied to content after upgrading to Elementor Pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Warner

Hi,

I’m using GeneratePress (premium) in combination with Elementor. Today I decided to upgrade to Elementor Pro to have access to their enhanced features, but after installing and activating the plugin, it seems that suddenly the Container as defined by the GeneratePress Theme is no longer applied.

How can this be? What could I possibly do about this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Warner

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is this happening on a specific page? Your home page seems to be using the GP defined container.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Warner

Hi Tom,

It was happening on every page. Now I set all the pages to ‘default’ and created a layout element to solve the problem – this worked.

However the ‘bug’ is still present: when using the ‘free’ version of Elementor, and the standard page layout ‘Elementor Full Width’, the pages of Elementor are constrained by the GeneratePress Theme. When activating Elementor Pro, this constraint disappears and all pages become full width. When de-activating, everything is back to normal.

So, my issue is solved now by updating all the pages.. but I’m not sure if you want the theme to function like this.. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Warner

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I definitely don’t. I seem to remember that Elementor uses our full-width-content body class to prevent conflicts. That being said, I don’t think it should be happening on every single page. It might be worth reporting to them if possible.

Warner

Alright.. Case closed as far as I’m concerned. At least you know this is happening when users set up pages with Elementor. I’ll send a message to them for notification.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.