[Resolved] Container Padding and Elements using Hooks

Home Forums Support Container Padding and Elements using Hooks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Hi Guys,

I’m using GP3 and Generate Blocks to build out a Woocommerce Site. I am wanting to use the Elements “Block” to create a full-width banner that sits below the main site header. My page is setup very much like your hooks documentation (ie. secondary nav -> main header section w/ logo -> primary nav -> content) – https://docs.generatepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/hooks-staticpage.png

I have removed all padding from all containers in the “element” that i have created and am adding it to the ‘generate_after_header’ hook. However, there is still spacing around the image when viewed in the front end. This spacing can be removed by adjusting the content padding (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-padding/) but this isn’t ideal as it removes the content padding from all pages in the site.

I would have thought the ‘generate_after_header’ hook would have placed this element before the content container and not in it, as it seems that the ‘generate_inside_container’ hook is designed for that. Am I missing something here or is that as intended?

Any tips on how to achieve the result I’m after… which is a header element that can be conditionally attached to any page/ archive/ category archive etc and display at full width?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site where i can see the padding issue?

Matt

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. The site is currently only in local dev and I just re-added the content padding (Customise > Layout > Container > Content Padding) to double check and there is now no padding around my heading. This leads me to believe that there was some caching going on in chrome. Sorry.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.