[Support request] Container Padding

Home Forums Support [Support request] Container Padding

Home Forums Support Container Padding

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hi,

I have a question related to using GenerateBlocks with GeneratePress. It has been a while since I had to use both but I recall that the default behaviour for a container was to have 40px of padding – now it appears that the default behaviour is to have zero. In the customiser the content area has 40 pixels of left/right padding and so does the header. If I place a container on a page and then place content inside it I see that the content is not lined up with the header logo and the only way to line it up is to add 40px of padding to the container.

I have imported some blog posts from another WordPress site and the content is shown in Gutenberg using the Classic Edit block. This content is lined up with the header so basically seems to have the 40px of left padding. However if I change the Content Container setting from Default(which is Contained) and simply select the Contained option then upon saving I can see that the content moves 40px to the left and is misaligned to the logo. Like wise if I create a new blog post without using any containers and simply type content into Gutenberg then if left to default it all lines up but if selecting Contained then it kicks to the left.

Why does this happen? I assumed that the default setting WAS Contained so why does it change things?

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Rob,

Can you send us a link to a page/post that correctly aligned and a link to a page/post not correctly aligned?

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.