[Resolved] Conflict with Mailchimp popup script

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Conflict with Mailchimp popup script

Home Forums Support Conflict with Mailchimp popup script

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Crystalyn

Hi-

I’ve been trying to implement a Mailchimp popup code on my site. No matter where I put the code in the hooks, header/footer/etc, it conflicts and breaks the GP mobile menu on the site making it unclickable. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

would you be able to hook the script in and set to a specific page that i could see the issue on?

Crystalyn

Sure thing, I added the hook to the specific page “mydomain.com/testpage”

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Urgh – Mailchimp really do write some bad code lol…. looks like a known problem:

https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015862967-Avoiding-MailChimp-Conflicts

I tested the Move the pop-up to the middle of the screen: solution and it seemed to work.

Crystalyn

Are you referring to the following code? :

@media
    only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    .mc-banner { top: 50% !important; }
    }

I just tried adding that, and the individual links on the menu still seem to be unclickable.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm. try the Allow content to be clicked method

Crystalyn

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work either

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Whats the trigger even that causes the pop up to display?

Crystalyn

The trigger is an exit intent

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In that case the hide on mobile method seems the obvious choice considering touch screens can’t register an exit intent. Right?

Crystalyn

I have actually had the “hide on mobile” code implemented from the start, as the mobile Mailchimp banner is horrendous!

I removed the code to “hide on mobile” and the menu works but unfortunately the popup covers the entire menu.

I have another site running on GeneratePress, and the mobile menu slides out from the left-hand side instead of dropping down. Oddly enough, the MailChimp code works fine on the other site (same version running).. where is the option on GP to switch to a slide-out menu? I can try that.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In Customizer > Layout > Off Canvas Panel – make sure you assign a menu to the Off Canvas Panel like you would if it were the Primary Nav.

Crystalyn

Perfect! The off-canvas menu coupled with the Mailchimp popup code work together.

Thanks for your support. Hopefully this thread will help someone with the same issue!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Phew… Glad to hear that works!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.