[Resolved] Conflict in Slideout Navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Conflict in Slideout Navigation

Home Forums Support Conflict in Slideout Navigation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JHH

Hi,

On my website I have a conflict in my Slideout Navigation. On one moment the location of the menu is replaced to the end of the page in the footer. It ‘s a conflict because the SN must be in above at the left corner.

Could someone help my with a solution or support?

Kind regards,

Joey

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that is odd, can you try disabling all other plugins to see if this removes the problem. Let me know. If not we can look at other causes

JHH

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. It was the NextGEN Gallery plugin. Is there no way to use this plugin with a good working Slideout Navigation?

There is no difference between On, Mobile Only and Desktop Only. I want this navigation only using on Mobile. However, if I choose Mobile Only the menu is visible, but not clickable on all kinds of devices.

Kind regards. Joey

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I wonder what they’re doing that would conflict with the nav. Is it possible to link me to a page where the gallery is active?

There is one problem with the Volume Site that the Slidout Navigation has to be set on both mobile and desktop for it to work. So you will need to keep it active on both and use this CSS to hide it on desktop:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        #generate-slideout-menu {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    JHH

Hi David,

Thankyou!

I have reactivated the plugin. On this page I used the https://schildersbedrijfvanrensch.nl/referenties/.

Kind regards,
    Joey

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it ok to leave that there while we investigate?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    JHH

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Alvaro

Hi,

I’m just posting to let readers know I was having the same issue and had no NextGen plugin installed.

The issue was due to Autoptimize configuration. I had to uncheck the Force JS in <head> option.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback – very odd, as i haven’t experienced this issue with autoptimize, i can onl assume there are some other scripts getting in the way. We are looking at a workaround in the future to stop this from happening.

Alvaro

Hi David,

Yes, I found it odd too, since I have GP working with Autoptimize in other installs and never had this issue before.

Not sure it’s the right fix but the truth is it’s fixed, for now anyway.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It definitely is an odd one. Glad it worked for you in this instance. Just be mindful that some JS needs to be executed in the foot for it to work 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.