[Support request] Conflict Elementor and Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Support request] Conflict Elementor and Generate Press

Home Forums Support Conflict Elementor and Generate Press

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Yesterday I updated Elementor to 2.4 when I did it left me with this visible notice yesterday.
    Notice: Elementor\CSS_File is deprecated since version 2.1.0! Use Elementor\Core\Files\CSS\Base instead. in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4051
    So I reached out to the team at Elementor. I woke up this morning to the following reply and answer.
    “We did our investigation into the issue. The PHP notice you are getting, in this case, is triggered by your theme not being up to date with the latest Elementor development.
    You should notify the theme developer of the notice, as they will be the ones to resolve it for you.” – Elementor Techincal Team
    What can you do to help me with this issue?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I can’t see how GP would be responsible for either the problem or the notification. There is nothing in the Theme that relates to Elementor. There is also a lot of errors being reported by Elementor users on this update.

I can only suggest you try debugging #1 here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

If the issue still persists then google search for Roll Back Elementor and revert to the last version, i am sure there will be some bug fixes they will release over the coming days.

Patrick

Though it seems like a lot of finger pointing, passing the buck and no resolution I am left with no alternative but to keep chasing an answer.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t actually replicate the error on my installs which says that something else has to be amiss.

Did you try the debugging tips?

Patrick

Going to take a screenshot of switching the theme, though I had done that yesterday and the error persisted. I did all the others yesterday. Thus causing me to believe it was an Elementor issue, so sent a support ticket to them first. Going to take screenshots of theme switching to send your reply to them and see what happens. Though I still am getting the feeling of finger pointing with no real answers. I’m extremely grateful for your quick response and your answers.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Generally I do not immediately update Elementor on a big update but give it a few days for it to stabilize. But more than happy to help you with the investigation if we can.

Patrick

Let me work the Elementor side and get back to you. Thanks for being willing to help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GeneratePress itself doesn’t reference Elementor\CSS_File in its code anywhere. My guess would be there’s a plugin you’re using which is referencing it.

If you’d like to prevent notices from showing up on your website while you debug, you can turn WP_DEBUG off: https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.