[Support request] Conditional Header Code

Home Forums Support [Support request] Conditional Header Code

Home Forums Support Conditional Header Code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Antar

Hello, All –

I have made very good use of GP’s excellent header element. I only wish my client would do the same! All too often they upload images which are too small or in portrait mode. This renders their use as background images completely inapropriate. Invariably I wil get the call to sort it out.

So, I would like to put in a feature which first checks an image to see if it’s suitable for use as a background in the header. If it’s either the wrong size or aspect ratio, the header is not shown. My client would then be obliged to insert the image into the body text.

I think I can work out how to test the image size/dimensions – but I don’t know how to turn on/off the header.

I’d be grateful for any help!

:0)

Antar

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Something like that will require a custom solution which will have to be integrated with our header element module.

Unfortunately this is out of the scope of this forum.

Might be easier to just let your client know the dimensions they should be uploading the image?

Antar

leo –

The client is a 74 year old missionary. That he is able to update the site every day is fantastic but sadly his talents (or equipment) do not extend to Photoshop.

No matter. I will have a go at this myself.

Thanks anyway.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

WordPress edit media should be easier than photoshop, and it also shows the image dimension.

Anyways, hope you come up with a solution!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.