[Support request] Conditional Blocks in Block Element

Home Forums Support [Support request] Conditional Blocks in Block Element

Home Forums Support Conditional Blocks in Block Element

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Liam

Hi there,

I’m currently converting one of my sites to Block Elements. I’ve created a Content Template Block Element for my archives, and my question is the following: Is it possible to have conditional (Generate)Blocks in that template? The site is a food blog, and I’d like to display icons/text for vegetarian, low-card, etc. I know I can create templates for individual categories, but to get all combinations covered. The diet terms are a custom taxonomy (a vegetarian meal gets assigned the “vegetarian” category in the taxonomy “diet” etc.).

Thanks for any help!
    Liam

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use the Dynamic Text type – List Terms and select your custom taxonomy. If there are no Terms for a specific post that field will not be displayed.

Liam

Hi David

Thanks for the reply. I think I should have given a bit more information. My question is whether there is something like an “if/then” function for individual blocks. E.g. if the recipe is vegetarian, then the button block with a plant icon will be displayed and if not, then not.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Liam,

It’s going to be real tricky to do but it may be doable with generate_dynamic_element_text filter:

Not sure if this is 100% accurate but you can play around with this example:

add_filter( 'generate_dynamic_element_text', function( $custom_field, $block ){
        if ( 'term-meta' === $block['attrs']['gpDynamicTextCustomField'] ) {
            if(your condition here){
    	        $custom_field = '';
            }
        }
        return $post_date;
    },15,2);
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.