[Resolved] Complex Accordion using GP Pro and Elementor Pro using a section template?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Complex Accordion using GP Pro and Elementor Pro using a section template?

Home Forums Support Complex Accordion using GP Pro and Elementor Pro using a section template?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Don

I just did a new install with the latest version of GP Pro and Elementor Pro, and am trying to create a page with accordions that contain complex formatting. The idea is that I’d create a “section” template using a template type set to Elementor Canvas, and then use the template shortcodes to add the sections to the accordions.

I need to create a template that has no header/footer/sideheads. The problem is that I can select “Elementor Canvas” on the template, but the template type reverts to default template which includes all the parts I don’t want.

Am I missing something obvious??

Alternatively, is there another way to get complex layout inside an accordion?

Thanks,
    Don

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

instead of using Canvas, create a new Layout Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Once you removed all the elements you don’t require etc you can set the Display Rules to include My Templates > Template.

The method you mention is the ‘go to’ method for Elementor users.

Don

Thanks David,

Before I switch development images back to a version that includes Elementor, do you know of a more vanilla GP method of creating a complex accordion? I’m not completely sold on Elementor yet.

Thanks,
    Don

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That really depends on how comfortable you are with HTML and CSS ( and a little bit of Javascript). There are a lot of code pens out there for making an accordion. This one for example is a pure CSS one:

https://codepen.io/raubaca/pen/PZzpVe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.