[Support request] Comments boc not showing up after the post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Comments boc not showing up after the post

Home Forums Support Comments boc not showing up after the post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vinay Karanam

hi Folks,

I’m using the wordsmith theme and it looks like there isnt a comment box coming at the bottom of the post. I checked to make sure the allow comments box is checked on the quick edit on the post. But it still isnt showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Vinay Karanam

hi David,

I did the #1 and deativated all the plugins and it didnt show the comment box,tried one after the other and still no luck.

-Vinay

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Vinay, that is odd, i can see one post with comments closed. Can you check the Dashboard > Settings > Discussion settings?

Vinay Karanam

Hi David, yes, that comment was from earlier different theme I had implemented. Settings for discussion looks normal, I’ve shared the screenshot. Also I’ve used the same theme for different websites with different plugins, same results.

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Vinay, would you be able to provide us with back end access? If so you can send details via the pre sales contact form here:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add a link to this post in the comments.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, and comments are enabled in the “Discussion” meta on each post? If you can’t see that metabox, open “Screen Options” at the top right of the screen, and check the box next to “Discussion”.

Vinay Karanam

David: you mean access to the site admin portal or ftp access?

Tom: I dont see the discussion options in the screen options.

imahge

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Vinay, for Tom’s suggestion – Edit a Post and then look at the Screen Options.
    If that doesn’t resolve it then Site Admin access would be required.

Vinay Karanam

hi David,

I tried Tom’s approach and clicked the comments button on the edit post page and update the copy.I saw there was option to write comments on the back end but not on the front end. I sent the login details for you guys from the presale question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

THanks
    Vinay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.