[Resolved] Comment Cookies Consent Label

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Comment Cookies Consent Label

Home Forums Support Comment Cookies Consent Label

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi guys,

I disabled the blog website input field the other day and have just noticed that I should also update the associated label to remove the word “website”. Please can you tell me where I can find the comment cookies consent label text to change it? Thank you very much πŸ™‚

Michael.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld2yk39df4axg2z/comment-cookies-consent-label.jpg?dl=0

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This should do it:

add_filter( 'comment_form_default_fields', function( $fields ) {
        $commenter = wp_get_current_commenter();

$consent   = empty( $commenter['comment_author_email'] ) ? '' : ' checked="checked"';

$fields['cookies'] = '<p class="comment-form-cookies-consent"><input id="wp-comment-cookies-consent" name="wp-comment-cookies-consent" type="checkbox" value="yes"' . $consent . ' />' . '<label for="wp-comment-cookies-consent">Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment.</label></p>';

return $fields;
    }, 20 );
    Michael

Tom, you’re the bomb. That works perfectly. Thank you very much πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome πŸ™‚

Simon

Hello Tom,

I wonder if the solution provided in your post #1176782 is translatable in other languages with a plug-in like WPML.

Thank you

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Simon,

Not sure if it will compatible with the plugin, but you can have it a try, change this part:
    Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. to your language.

Simon

Hi Ying,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I must be wrong but I’m asking the question because in the solution proposed by Tom I don’t see the syntax to make a text translatable.
    I saw several times that to be translatable, a string must be written inside __() in your theme.
    Best regards

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Simon,

Yeah that’s correct. having it inside __() w/ a textdomain allows it to be translatable.

Example:

add_filter( 'comment_form_default_fields', function( $fields ) {
        $commenter = wp_get_current_commenter();

$consent   = empty( $commenter['comment_author_email'] ) ? '' : ' checked="checked"';

$fields['cookies'] = '<p class="comment-form-cookies-consent">
            <input id="wp-comment-cookies-consent" name="wp-comment-cookies-consent" type="checkbox" value="yes"' . $consent . ' />' . 
            '<label for="wp-comment-cookies-consent">' . __( 'Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment.', 'generatepress' ) . '</label>
        </p>';

return $fields;
    }, 20 );
    Simon

Thank you, it is more clear for me now.

Best regards

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. No problem. πŸ™‚

Michael

Hey Tom,

Assuming the code you shared is still valid, where would I add in GeneratePress?

Thanks,
    Mike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.