[Resolved] Combine im/export with Childtheme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Combine im/export with Childtheme

Home Forums Support Combine im/export with Childtheme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    webmasterscientists4future-org

In a multisite environment I want to install and centrally maintain child themes for the subsites.

Can I easily integrate the exported settings from the customizer (json-files) into a child theme and adjust them globally if necessary, without the need for the respective administrators to become active? Can I at least extract the corresponding CSS from the json files?

best regards
    Marion

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can I easily integrate the exported settings from the customizer (json-files) into a child theme and adjust them globally if necessary, without the need for the respective administrators to become active?

The JSON files from the backup applies to the theme’s customizer settings.

Child theme is a completely different thing, unaffected by whether you import or export something on the parent theme’s customizer settings.

I believe you’ll need admin privileges(atleast FTP) for this as you’ll have to edit/paste files on your site’s /themes directory.

Can I at least extract the corresponding CSS from the json files?

If you open the JSON file on an editor, you’ll get a hint of what CSS settings are being used. But the problem here is, you can’t just directly copy and paste it on a .css file as it isn’t formatted for it.

But you can copy the CSS with extra steps.

When you view your page source, you should find <style id="generate-style-inline-css"> and <style id="wp-custom-css">.

These CSS are generated from the Customizer settings and Additional CSS textarea. You can copy and paste its CSS contents on your child theme’s style.css.

webmasterscientists4future-org

Thankyou!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thankyou!

No problem. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.