[Support request] Column ordering on mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Column ordering on mobile

Home Forums Support Column ordering on mobile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hi,

In the new Gutenberg columns, is it possible to place an order on the individual cells when being viewed on mobile?

For example, on desktops today, you frequently see L to R Image, Text and visa versa underneath. I find when I go into mobile view, instead of going viewing image, text image text, which is what you see in most sites, you view image text text image. Is there a way of fixing this through css or is there a plugin which will do this? It is worth noting that I am using your lightweight grid columns for the live site and was messing around with gutenberg blocks in localhost. Also, I have been trying to research this in your forum and I have found the following:

To be honest the grid method currently implemented is no longer recommended and will likely be phased out eventually.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Brian Thompson

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not aware of a “clean” method to change the order on mobile unfortunately but it might be worth checking with WordPress to see if they have a solution or can implement this for future versions.

One thing you can try is to create a mobile-specific column (so it appears the way you want on mobile) and use the built-in hide-on class to hide it on desktop:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/#using-our-hide-on-classes

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.