[Resolved] Color palette for existing sites when updating

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Color palette for existing sites when updating

Home Forums Support Color palette for existing sites when updating

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

When updating an existing site, I’m I supposed to get the colors already used in the palette or not really?
    Whichever the site, my palette looks always the same on top of page as here:
    https://generatepress.com/generatepress-3-1-global-colors-dynamic-typography/

Below, I still have all colors as before but why not listed in the palette on top?
    Sorry, I don’t really get the logic here.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This feature is as it says. It’s a Global color palette. This kind of palette if best use for your site’s color motif.

For its main purpose: It’s basically a color value you can change dynamically for all parts of the page you’ve used it on.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/04u5NWpr

Say, for example, you’ve added a “Green” global color value.

If you use this color “green” global color value to color your links and borders, if in the future you’ve decide to change the global color value from “green” to “red”, the color of links and borders will change to “pink” dynamically as well. šŸ˜€

ch1800

Sure but my question was different: why don’t we get the main colors ALREADY used by an existing site under the title “global colors”?
    Are we supposed to add them there one by one?

Nothing wrong with that btw, just want to make sure I understand.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sure but my question was different: why donā€™t we get the main colors ALREADY used by an existing site under the title ā€œglobal colorsā€?

Some parts already use the global colors like the links and borders. The rest, you have to assign manually one by one. šŸ˜€

ch1800

Oh, OK, I see…
    And when adding a new color that has never been used before may I change its name, right?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any Global Colors that have not been assigned to an Element you can change the name for, so yes this includes any new colors you added.

You can change an existing colors CSS variable name, but you would then need to edit any Element that was using the Old Name and update them to the New name.

ch1800

Got it, thanks Captain.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.