[Resolved] Color on sub nav items

Home Forums Support Color on sub nav items

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Francesca Combs

Hey there,
    Not sure what is going on but I seem to be having a problem with sub nav background colors and hover colors on a static home page.
    When I am logged on to wordpress, the colors show correctly on all pages of the site. When I logout, the static front page does not show the colors I selected but reverts to the default black/grey background, white text. This is the only page that has that problem.
    I have asked others to go to the site and they have the same problem
    lizhillyer.net

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m seeing your custom colors in the navigation and sub-navigation.

This may be caused by caching in your browser, or if you have any caching plugins installed.

Francesca Combs

You are correct. Thanks. I forgot that the new version of WP installs SuperCache automatically. Forgot to deactivate it while building the site. Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Ian Hipwell

Hi,

I’m having the same trouble with Secondary Navigation colors. The background current – #25567b, works while I’m in WordPress but on the website when an item on the secondary menu is selected it reverts to the ordinary background color of the secondary menu, #4487ba.
    I have the Wordfence plugin & I’ve cleared the cache and deactivated the caching function but the problem with the colors is still there.
    climatechangepredictions.org
    Any ideas?
    thanks
    IanH

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like you added those pages as custom links?

WordPress can’t make the associated between menu items and pages (so it knows it’s on the current page) unless you add the page using the “Pages” module in “Appearance > Menus”.

The “Links” module in Appearance > Menus should only be used for external links/files.

Ian Hipwell

Hi Tom,

You’re quite right, I’ve now redone the Secondary menu using categories instead of custom links and it works fine.

Thanks for figuring it out so quickly.

IanH

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Alecos

I have a main menu with background images and also set up a secondary menu with custom links. I have the full set of Add ons. I have tried changing the colors of the secondary menu by changing the Menu colors but can not get them to change.
    How can I customize the colors of the secondary nav?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can change the secondary navigation colors by going to “Customize > Secondary Navigation > Secondary Navigation Colors”.

Alecos

Don’t know how I could have missed that…
    Thanks Tom. It is indeed a great product you are selling with excellent support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! Glad you’re enjoying it 🙂

Dino

Hello

The colours for a couple of navigation options are stuck on a particular colour. They appear the same even when I change the colour and save & publish. All other colours can be changed and update accordingly.

They are:

‘Background current’ in Main nav

&

‘Background in Secondary’ nav

Many thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you link me to your site?

The “Background current” option will only appear if you’re on a current page and the menu item has the current class.

By “Background in Secondary”, do you mean the overall background color of the Secondary Nav?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.