[Support request] Color and thickness of the line below the menu items

Home Forums Support [Support request] Color and thickness of the line below the menu items

Home Forums Support Color and thickness of the line below the menu items

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien

Hi,

Thanks for your great framework! I would like to change the thickness and color of the line appearing just below the primary menu when hoovering / selecting them. It’s currently black and bold, and would like it red and thin. Any idea? Thanks!
    Bests

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

There aren’t any lines added by default for menu items.

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Sebastien

hi, sorry, I used a template (Dispatch) from your library, so couyld come from there. I’ve edited the original topic and added the URL. Don’t hesitate if you need more!
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > Additional CSS look for this rule and change the height px:

.main-navigation ul li:hover:after, .main-navigation ul li.current-menu-item:after {
        height: 6px;
    }
    Sebastien

Hi David, I don’t haver any Additional CSS in my Customizer. I’ve got simple CSS, but not advanced CSS and this rule doesn’t appear. I try to add it to simpleCSS, no success. Any idea? Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to make sure, you don’t see this in the customizer?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/sFU2jB9frce

It’s a WordPress core feature and should be there by default.

Are you the admin of the site?

Sebastien

Yes, I’m the admin (no question there ;o) but it doesn’t appear !

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Weird. I’m actually not aware of a way to disable that.

Can you try #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Sebastien

Hi, I tried to remove all plugins, to ask to Kinsta (my hosting) to look at it on their side, no success. We don’t undersgtand why it doesn’t appear. Quite strange. Any way to use SimpleCSS or any other method?
    thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you double check the Customizer > Additional CSS? As this is where the CSS is in your sites code and its where it would have been imported when you first installed the Dispatch Site.

Sebastien

Hi David, as explained, and we don’t kn ow why or correct it, the customizer / additional CSS doesn’t appear at all! Any possibility to edit the file directly (I’ve got access to all of them). Thaks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats odd – have you any plugins or functions to remove the Additional CSS from the Customizer? Its a standard for WP – GP doesn’t effect it.

Sebastien

I know, we removed everything, I’ve discussed it at length with the web hosting support staff (from Kinsta, they’re good!), no reason but still, we don’t have it. Can I use a child theme to change it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That is weird – there is a quite some CSS in there that was imported by the Site. You may want to try disabling plugins to see if something there is conflicting.

But you can try overriding it with this:

.main-navigation ul li:hover:after, .main-navigation ul li.current-menu-item:after {
        height: 3px !important;
    }
    .main-navigation ul li:after {
        background-color: red !important;
    }
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.