[Resolved] CLS on desktop

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CLS on desktop

Home Forums Support CLS on desktop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jenni

Hello. I have a Core Web Vitals issue with CLS on desktop only on one of my sites that uses Generate Press. I asked Adthrive about it and they changed everything that they could and said to speak to my theme provider if the problem persists. Please can you help?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jenni,

I ran a lighthouse test for your example link, the score is 100, and there’s no CLS issue:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/jvVc0pSQ0Af

Jenni

Thank you for checking for me. I’m seeing the same thing as you in speed tests, but in the real world, it seems that people may be seeing different as the validation in GSC keeps coming back as a fail. Any other ideas I can try? Thanks. Jenni

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i tested both the URLs you provided, the end results were that both of them passed all CWVs with flying colors. The highest CLS reported on any test was 0.05 – most of the tests were 0.

If i check the Origin summary of data its currently failing as all samples of data from that domain is over 0.5. But this data is accumulative from all visits over a 28 day period. So any improvements you have made will take up to 28 days to filter through.

EDIT: And then i was just about to close the browser tab and saw this:

2022-03-25_10-36-05

If you want to pinpoint a 99% positive case of CLS you can point at that … it shifts the entire page down the height of the browser, and there was no user action to cause it so it would register a huge CLS value.

Jenni

Thanks for your help! I’ll remove that 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.