[Resolved] CLS Issue Only on Full-Width Desktop Pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CLS Issue Only on Full-Width Desktop Pages

Home Forums Support CLS Issue Only on Full-Width Desktop Pages

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jason.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hello,

We use GP Premium on several basically identical sites (set up and layout wise) and are only having this issue on one of the sites.

Our CLS scores for mobile are 0 on all pages, and 0 for desktop on pages that use a sidebar. However, on full-width pages (no sidebar) on desktop, we’re getting a CLS of .863.

I’ve read through the forums and tried turning off lazy-loading moving anything but text out of the above-the-fold area, and removing any CSS we’re not actually using anymore, but no luck.

I also created a test page with no content on it and it’s still causing the issue. It looks like it has something to do with the nav bar which is why I’m reaching out here.

Any suggestions I’m missing? I’ve included a link to one of the pages and the test page with no content in the private information section.

Jason

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but I was checking the options on layout between the site that is working with no issues and this one, and I noticed that we have slightly different options within the primary navigation layout customizer, though, every setting in layout is identical.

The one with the green checkmark is the site that is working correctly.

Both sites are running GP Premium 2.1.2

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if i test that page with WP Rocket disabled ( by adding ?nowprocket query string to the URL ) then it loads without any CLS. You will need to pin down which of the CSS optimizations in WP Rocket is causing it.

Jason

Thanks, David! I’ll do that. Handy little tip to test without that as well!

I’ll leave the thread open for now in case I find a solution and can report back for anyone else with a similar issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Jason

Just wanted to update here in case anyone else ever has an issue with this…

I thought it was odd that we were getting different options under customization for identical sites and versions. So I deleted GeneratePress and reinstalled it and the speeds jumped back to 100/100 ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Wow – glad to hear that sorted things out… something must of glitched out ๐Ÿ™‚

Jason

Yea, all good now though! Marking resolved

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.