[Resolved] CLS caused by article update date by hiding using CSS display: none

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CLS caused by article update date by hiding using CSS display: none

Home Forums Support CLS caused by article update date by hiding using CSS display: none

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kiogora

Hey

Have been told to change my CSS display rule: none. Then I was sent a link ” The “display: none;” is a CSS rule used to hide the update date on your site, and it can probably be changed in the theme options or in the CSS files /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/css/main.min.css” How do I fix this please? note am not a expert when it comes to coding.

Martin

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kiogora,

GP theme itself doesn’t cause CLS, I don’t think the CLS issue is coming from this specific CSS code.

Can you try disable all plugins except GP premium to do another test?

If you can link us to your site, we are happy to have a look for you 🙂

Kiogora

Why not… Ying.

Below is the communication with my plugin customer.

In your case, CLS is caused by article update date you are hiding using CSS display: none; Here is the screenshot https://i.imgur.com/zU596qR.jpeg, and here is the video how it happens: https://i.imgur.com/sE0W7fB.mp4

Hey Jurica,

Thanks for the clarity. One question about what you explained “In your case, CLS is caused by article update date you are hiding using CSS display: none; Here is the screenshot https://i.imgur.com/zU596qR.jpeg, and here is the video how it happens: https://i.imgur.com/sE0W7fB.mp4”
    Where can I access the CSS Display to enable it.

Thanks.

Response from them

The “display: none;” is a CSS rule used to hide the update date on your site, and it can probably be changed in the theme options or in the CSS files /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/css/main.min.css

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using a caching plugin?

If so can you disable the caching plugin to test?

Typically this issue is caused by caching plugins.

Kiogora

Hi Leo,

I do not want confusion here Ying requested for log in details am not an expert in this field. How can I have one person helping me so that we can be in the same page?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve reviewed the topic so understand the issue.

I don’t see the link to your site either so please provide that as well.

Can you disable the caching plugin first and see if the issue still occurs?

Thanks 🙂

Kiogora

Hey

Have done disabling and its even worse.

When I inquired what happening I was advised to fix this “The “display: none;” is a CSS rule used to hide the update date on your site, and it can probably be changed in the theme options or in the CSS files /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/css/main.min.css”

See private.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We got the username and password but don’t see a link to your site.

Can you provide that?

Kiogora

thegadgetsjudge.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable your caching plugin?

Kiogora

Hey,

Just disabled the plugin all turned terrible. First Contentful Paint 3.1 s Speed Index 6.3 s Largest Contentful Paint 3.5 s Time to Interactive 12.7 s Total Blocking Time 2,030 ms Cumulative Layout Shift 0.001 except CLS was at recommended values. Overall its 44 for mobile and desktop at 95

That cant work. What really happened after July 18 because nothing changed on my website..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

But the CLS issue is resolved? That seems to suggest that the caching plugin is actually causing the CLS issue and not the CSS from the theme.

Can you check with the caching plugin’s support team to see if they have a workaround solution?

Thanks.

Kiogora

But do we have this CSS files /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/css/main.min.css” as directed by the pluging team to fix that?
    Resolved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.