[Resolved] Cloning localhost installation to another localhost installation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cloning localhost installation to another localhost installation

Home Forums Support Cloning localhost installation to another localhost installation

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried migrating to a test live server as I suggested? That way you can at least pinpoint it on your localhost installation.

NBC

I don’t have the domain registration yet, and I’m trying to surprise the client with my progress. I really don’t dare put these files up there right now.

I’m trying the All-in-One Migration plug-in again, this time with the BBPress and BuddyPress plug-ins deactivated and deleted, skipping all post revisions, and editing the site URLs in the database before I import the data. I want to see if the unconfigured but active BBPress and BuddyPress plug-ins had something to do with it. The rest of the changes are intended to lighten up the amount of information I have to transfer.

NBC

Very interesting. This time, the AIOM plug-in worked.

Don’t ask me which change made the difference. I wish I knew.
    1. Before the site export, deactivated and deleted the BuddyPress plug-in (not yet configured)
    2. Before the site export, deactivated and deleted BBPress plug-in (not yet configured)
    3. In the AOIM plug-in Export Site settings, I set the “find” field to /cm/ (the folder in which the old installation exists) and the “replace” field to /ab/ (the new folder into which I was cloning the site).
    4. In the AOIM plug-in Export Site advanced settings, I activated the “Do not export post revisions” setting.

If omitting BuddyPress and BBPress was the significant difference, I wonder what will happen when I try to move or clone the site with those plug-ins configured.

NBC

So the plot has thickened.

I added BBPress to my newly crafted clone site and began configuring it.

The Customizer now loads as a blank screen, even with memory jacked up well beyond the limit you recommend in the documentation

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '200M');

I’m working in a Firefox window with about 12 tabs in it, but most of them are placeholders for unloaded content from a previous session. (Content doesn’t load unless I actually click on the tab.)

Checking memory and CPU overhead in Activity Monitor, I see plenty of both left free.

Does anyone run BBPress successfully under localhost, or am I just cursed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I have bbPress installed on localhost for testing purposes.

Sometimes defining PHP memory limit in your wp-config.php file isn’t enough, you might have to adjust it in the php.ini file.

NBC

Thanks, Tom.

I’m sorry this thread turned into such a time sucker!

Joseph

I cannot find the PHP.ini file. I went to the wp-admin and was not there. Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

I just created one in the root directory to increase uploading size and memory size.

Sorry for the post.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.