[Support request] Clickable Telephone and Email Buttons in Main Banner

Home Forums Support [Support request] Clickable Telephone and Email Buttons in Main Banner

Home Forums Support Clickable Telephone and Email Buttons in Main Banner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hello GP Support,

On my main TOP site banner, I’d like to make the phone and email details clickable so people can call/email with one click. Are you please able to point me the best direction to take to achieve this please? Has this question already been answered, I had a quick look, but a lot of it was detailed? Is there a step-by-step guide you are familiar with please? I found a plugin called “Draw Attention” but it couldn’t do it.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

theres a few ‘old’ ways of making parts of an image clickable, such as Image Maps, but generally it is best to avoid them. It would be better if that was not a single image, especially for responsiveness.

I would recommend you split the image into just a Logo, and the Certifications. Leave out the Phone and Email as these would be better placed as HTML.

The logo could go in the Site Identity.
    The Certifications could be added to a Top Bar Widget.
    And then we can assist with adding the HTML for the Phone and Email in a Header Widget ( or top bar widget ).

robmac

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I’ve got the functionality right for hyper-linked phone/email contacts.

One issue, I temporarily parked the hyperlinked contact details, in right-hand-side secondary navigation menu – try as I may however, for some reason, I can’t get my Main Menu Navigation, above the Main Banner to show….never had this issue before, usually GP makes it so easy, but I’ve likely done something – any ideas please?

Once this speed-bump is resolved, I can place the hyper-linked phone and email address in the TOP Nav Menu and then redesign the Main Banner, so it all looks as seamless as possible.

Any help getting the Top Main Menu to show would be appreciated please. I’ve been to Menus/Menu Location etc, but no luck. I wonder what I’m missing, likely something glaringly obvious!

Regards,
    Robert

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I’ve checked your site and here’s a few things:

Can you check if there’s a menu assigned for the primary menu or secondary menu? There doesn’t seem to be any menu attached to it so it doesn’t display.

You can check it on Appearance > Customize > Menus > View All Location and check “Primary” Menu” or “Secondary Menu” if there’s any menu specified. If there’s none, you should put one so there’s a nav to display.

If there’s a menu assigned but isn’t showing, you can go to Appearance > Elements and check if there are any Layout Elements that has its Disable Element set to disable primary and/or secondary navigation.

More about Layout Elements and it’s disable element feature here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#disable-element

Also, I highly suggest using a Block Element or a Hook Element to place your banner in instead of placing it within as the site logo.

It’s so you can easily control where it displays plus, site logo isn’t meant for placing banners in. You should follow David’s advice on this. 🙂

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

robmac

Hello,

Just following-up on the above matter please.

Both the Main Banner email and telphone numbers are hyperlinked!

Also, I’ve now located the main site banner using a Block Element and also configured the Homepage content using tablepress.

BOTH the Main Banner table AND the content table are Simple CSS limited to a Width of 1100px – the same measure as the Site Container set in Appearence/Customize.

I just want to be sure the site looks balanced, without excessive space to the left or right – as earlier it was suggested to me the site looked excessively wide [ie, the main banner was very wide] – but I MAY have now addressed the issue – any thoughts please?

Thank you for your help in achieving this – very much appreciated.

robmac

Hi, I’m being told there’s too much white space to the LEFT of content [under the Main Banner] – any suggestions on ow address this please? What have I overlooked please? Thank you.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The space on the left and space on the right of the content are actually the same, it looks bigger because of the contact form being added on the right, and the banner are aligned left.

could you please try this CSS to move the banner to the center:

#tablepress-1 {
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }

Let me know if it looks better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.