[Resolved] ClassicPress Compatability (WordPress Fork)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] ClassicPress Compatability (WordPress Fork)

Home Forums Support ClassicPress Compatability (WordPress Fork)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tommy

Hi, just wondering if the GeneratePress team has looked at ClassicPress and if you guys are planning on GeneratePress/ClassicPress compatability?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

As long as they stay compatible with WordPress themes and plugins, GP will be compatible.

It’s not something we’ll go out of our way to support at this time though – GeneratePress is a WordPress theme, and we’re excited about the future of WP with the new editor ๐Ÿ™‚

Louis

I believe their intent is to remain compatible with themes and plugins through their v1.xx roadmap. I know WordPress is making their roadmap sound great. But I also know the realities at this time.

I am a purchaser of yours. I hope as time goes on, you may consider taking a closer look at the ClassicPress project and see that CP could be a pretty good idea to work with as well.

Being a business owner myself, I sometimes have to take into consideration that related branches of something could very well be an advantage. Loyalty is wonderful, but so is diversity when it makes sense.

I do know there has been a lot of rhetoric relating to the fork. I hope business sense overrides some of that (down the road, of course). ๐Ÿ˜‰

And if not for you, would you consider allowing license to fork your project to go with CP at some point?

Guenter

I would also wish, that you will take a closer look at the ClassicPress project one day …
    I am a purchaser of GeneratePress. It is a great theme, i’d like to keep for my sites!
    I am watching a bit anxiously where WordPress (.org) is goeing to … or should I bettter say is driven to by Automattic. And this is not just the Gutenberg editor. I am ready to switch over to ClassicPress with all my sites, if WordPress continues this way.
    Hopefully GeneratePress will then support ClassicPress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks for your input. I would think it is in the best interests of ClassicPress to sustain legacy WP compatibility to maximise the theme and plugin repository. If GP or any theme required conversion to work with ClassicPress then this would require a lot of work that could only be warranted if the user demand was great enough.

Exciting times – lets see what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.