[Resolved] Classic Editor issue – Latest GP update messed up the editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Classic Editor issue – Latest GP update messed up the editor

Home Forums Support Classic Editor issue – Latest GP update messed up the editor

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Narender

Hey guys,
    I am using the latest version of GeneratePress Theme and GenerateBlocks on my website. Everything is working totally fine except for the Editor Page. I use Classic Editor Plugin as I don’t like writing in the Block Editor.

The latest update has broken the layout of the editor interface. The articles look quite unstructured and plain.

Here is the screenshot of the issue: No Padding for Table Columns, Lighter Font for Heading, No margin between 3rd Paragraph and the H2.

apssb.in classic editor issue

Here is the screenshot from another site of mine that uses the same theme/plugins setup but I haven’t updated the theme there: – It doesn’t have any of the above-mentioned issues.

apssb usual classic editor layout

There is no issue logged in the browser console as well.

Narender

Deployed a staging site. Tried using the Main Theme instead of the child theme but the issue still persists. It even exists when I disable every plugin except the Classic Editor. Tried using PHP 7.4 on the Stagging site compared to PHP 8.1 on the main site but it also doesn’t make a difference.

I have added the login details for the staging site if you want to debug the issue πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Due to changes in WordPress 5.9 we had to remove the old classic editor styles, unfortunately.

However, we made sure it’s super easy to add them back as needed:

add_filter( 'generate_editor_styles', function( $editor_styles ) {
        $editor_styles[] = 'assets/css/admin/editor-style.css';

return $editor_styles;
    } );

Let us know if that fixes things or not πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Narender

Thanks, Tom. This function made a difference. The tables are looking fine now. However, it’s not exactly the same look that we had with the previous version of the theme.

Can we make the heading bold?

Usually, I wrap a few paragraphs in <div> block to output the stylish content boxes on the frontend like this:

<div class="text-box-blue"><strong>BPSC LDC Exam Date</strong>: The selection of candidates for Lower Division Clerk posts will be finalized after two successive stages of the examination...has been released officially.</div>

apssb.in website

As you can see in the screenshot, the Third Paragraph (Styled Paragraph) and Heading still doesn’t have any margin between them. But it wasn’t the case before…

Narender

Is it possible to change the CSS Styles in /themes/generatepress/assets/css/admin/editor-typography.css and keep it safe from being overwritten in the upcoming Theme updates?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In order to do that you’d just place it in the same directory in your child theme:

child-theme/assets/css/admin/editor-typography.css

That would overwrite the file completely so you wouldn’t get any changes we make to it, either.

May be better just to add the necessary styling you need to your own editor stylesheet?

Narender

Yeah! It would be better if there is a way to add the necessary styling only. How do I do that, Tom?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yeah! It would be better if there is a way to add the necessary styling only. How do I do that, Tom?

You can add your own stylesheet file to the mix.

Example:

add_filter( 'generate_editor_styles', function( $editor_styles ) {
        $editor_styles[] = 'assets/css/admin/editor-style.css';
        $editor_styles[] = 'folder/path/custom-editor-style.css';

return $editor_styles;
    } );

Where custom-editor-style.css is the stylesheet containing the CSS you find necessary. πŸ˜€

Narender

Thanks, Elvin.
    That’s exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for your support. GeneratePress is Love!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Have a great weekend! πŸ˜€

Narender

Hey Guys,
    Sorry to bump up this thread but I need just one more small help. On my website https://www.apssb.in I use a Search Form in Footer Widgets with the following CSS to make it look round:

.widget .search-field {
        border-radius: 15px 0 0 15px;
    }

.widget .search-submit {
        border-radius: 0 15px 15px 0;
    }

It works flawlessly in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome but looks off in Safari.

apssb.in chrome firefox edge

^ Working fine in Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

apssb.in safari ios

^ Doesn’t work as expected in Safari

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for the separate question?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.