[Support request] Clarifying GP hooks

Home Forums Support [Support request] Clarifying GP hooks

Home Forums Support Clarifying GP hooks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    George

I am entering google analytics and google tag manager code in the GP hooks section. But I am not quite clear about the correct placement.
    When google says “Paste this code as high in the <head> of the page as possible”, is the correct box the “wp-head” one?
    And when google says “paste this code immediately after the opening <body> tag”, is the correct box the ‘Before Content” one? Or do I have it wrong?
    And in which box does the facebook pixel go?

Do you have a list which correlates the GP hook boxes with their location in regards to the html tags on my site – like right before the opening body tag, etc?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You are correct on both.

This should help as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/implement-google-tag-manager/

I’m not sure where Facebook Pixel should go, did they provide any instruction?

George

Before I had posted here, I found the hooks in the appearance section. They showed up as GP hooks. That’s where I entered all the code.
    But when I read your reply to my questions, I checked and realized that I did not have the ‘elements’ activated. So I activated it, and now the GP hooks link doesn’t show up anymore in the appearance section, but the elements link shows up instead.
    Now I can do what you suggest with the google tags manager. However my problem is that now, with the hooks element activated, I don’t see all my previous code in the hooks boxes anymore from the time when I did not do it via the ‘elements’, but via the GP hooks link. All that code seems to have disappeared. How can I access it again?

When I deactivate ‘elements, then GP hooks shows up again along with all my tracking code. But with ‘elements’ activated, my hooks with their code disappear on me. What should I do about that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.