[Resolved] ckeditor conflicts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] ckeditor conflicts

Home Forums Support ckeditor conflicts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Recently, by switching off “sections” in the GP Premium, I seemed to, for a short time, overcome an issue of the CKEditor not working on my site’s blog. [I need CKEditor, to run with a key plugin I use on the].

I’ve switched on and off multiple plugins, including switching off all of the GP Premium plugin – no luck, no visual editor on my blog?

Any thoughts or suggestions or what might have happening, I know WP and GPP recently had upgrades.

Thanks for any feedback offered.

robmac

I’ve switched on and off virtually every plugin, incl, key plugin that needs ckeditor. have switched off ckeditor and tried tinymceadvanced, have switched off GP and tried WP default 2015 theme – still no visual editor in my blog?

any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, well the Sections add-on required TinyMCE to be initiated on the page somewhere.

However, if you’ve done all of the above and you’re still not seeing a visual editor, maybe you have the visual editor disabled in your profile? Go to Users > Your Profile to check.

robmac

Thanks for your reply

“Disable the visual editor when writing” is UNchecked.

robmac

Wonder if it could be a server issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So when you deactivate ALL plugins, you don’t even see the regular TinyMCE editor?

robmac

If I disable ALL I do see TinyMCE

robmac

If I disable ALL I do NOT see CKEditor

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Right, so nothing wrong there.

So when you activate CKEditor, it stops working with Sections, correct? If so, that makes sense as Sections required TinyMCE.

Do any other issues arise from using CKEditor?

robmac

Hi,

No visual CKEditor, with sections switched on or off. When CKEditor has been workig, it’s been fine.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What plugin are you using to activate CKEditor?

robmac

It’s just the standard ckeditor plugin, installing via WP plugins marketplace/install function – not uploading from a file on my PC

robmac

I checked ckeditor earlier today and ran an update in any case, to confirm I’m running the latest version.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like that plugin hasn’t been updated in about a year.

I’m also seeing it’s not working with WordPress 4.3: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/ckeditor-for-wordpress

robmac

Thanks for all your help – I’m chasing up the plugin developer for the on-site tool I use, that runs on CKEditor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.