[Resolved] Chrome error loading customizer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Chrome error loading customizer

Home Forums Support Chrome error loading customizer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary

I am a complete newbie to WordPress and GeneratePress Premium. My site is gbolton.com .

I have 3 content pages. I have finally got my first Page Hero working, and it looked great for a newbie… image, content centered etc. Then it went South, and I’m not sure what I did.
    When I try to enter the Customize section, it spins for a while and I get a Chrome message: Aw, snap. Something happened.
    This seems to be the only problem area. Customize has been working. I have been through all the modules multiple times.

The site still works as before… except for the contact form, which I deactivated. The menu works and pages display properly.
    I have gone through all the Create new topic steps… except possibly deactivating server caching. Endurance caching in settings is off. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to do something else.
    The only active plugins are Bluehost and GP Premium.
    I am using GP 2.3.3 and GP Premium 1.8.3

I checked memory in Resources Monitor in the control panel. At the point where it fails, memory usage is between 80 and 85%.

Please help.
    Gary Bolton

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Strange. Can you try using incognito mode and see if the issue still occurs?

What if you try a different browser?

Gary

I opened it incognito and it works. So, is my solution to just use incognito?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That likely means you have a browser extension/app that is causing the issue 🙂

Gary

OK, thanks Leo.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.