[Resolved] Choose Variable Products as Featured Products

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Choose Variable Products as Featured Products

Home Forums Support Choose Variable Products as Featured Products

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    troyw

Hi guys,
    I know this is probably not your thing, but I have scanned the internet for 2 hours now and come up with nothing but dodgy plugins.
    All I want to do is a add a piece of code to CSS or functions.php, that will allow me to choose a Variable Product in Woocommerce, as a “featured product’. Woocommerce’s default is that ‘Featured Products’ are the entire product, but I want the option to select a variation as the ‘Featured Product’.

I know you are not here to support Woocommerce, but am hoping maybe you have come across some code that will do this.
    What i am desperately trying to avoid is adding a big fat plugin to weigh the website down.

Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

When theres a paid woo extension or lots of 3rd party premium plugins for what you’re looking for, it generally is a good sign that the feature would require intensive custom development.

So my only thoughts are:

1. Create a separate product as a copy of the variation.
    2. The Add to Cart shortcode allows you to specify a SKU which could used for variations:
    https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/#section-19
    And you could create a fake product and use the variations add to cart.

troyw

Hey David,
    Thanks for the advice, I get where you are coming from, but creating individual or fake product SKU’s will cause duplicate content as well as upset Google Merchant Center. As such the extra work required to fix these, out-weighs using a 14 tonne plugin, so alas a plug in it is.

Thanks for clearing that up for me though David. I could have spent days looking for a solution that does not exists.

Have a great day.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah – bit of a minefield there…. hope you find a ‘lighter’ weight plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.