[Resolved] Child Theme Stylesheet

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child Theme Stylesheet

Home Forums Support Child Theme Stylesheet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer

I’ve created a child theme with the standard css comment for the stylesheet and styles are not being applied. I then used the stylesheet you provided in a link on the forum and it didn’t change anything either. I did not enqueue it as you said it’s already been covered in the parent. I don’t know what else to do. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Jennifer

Yep, it was that one. But I just found your child theme, Exhibit,–installed it and it’s showing my styles. πŸ™‚ On a separate subject…I’m looking to use the top menu navigation in a top bar and the header with main navigation with logo beside it. I think I’ve managed to set it correctly but the logo is shrinking big time. Is this because the theme uses the same logo size for sticky and static? Haha, that sounds funny…

Anyhow, thanks for a great theme! Appreciate your time…

Jennifer

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using one of those child themes, you’ll want to use a plugin to add your CSS so you can continue to update the child theme: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

The sticky logo resizes down to the height of your navigation – 20px (10px on top and bottom).

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Jennifer

Gotcha on the sticky logo. As for the CSS, I try to limit plugins and so I was hoping to use my own stylesheet, but I’m sure a CSS plugin would be lightweight. Thanks for the assist and have a good evening!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you do want to do the child theme, you can either back up your custom CSS before updating the child theme when updates are released, or just neglect to update the child theme (typically not a good idea).

Thanks! You too! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.