[Resolved] Child Theme style.css not taking effect on frontend

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child Theme style.css not taking effect on frontend

Home Forums Support Child Theme style.css not taking effect on frontend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer

I really need to use the child theme and when I add the css code to it the frontend does not change. I have cleared my cache. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Please let me know if you need access.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just to confirm, did you grab a child theme from here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/#installing-a-child-theme

What CSS have you added that’s not working?

Let me know 🙂

Jennifer

Yes I downloaded your child theme, all of the css is not working.

It works under snippet but I want to use the child them style.css and not snippet anymore. Can you help me? What do you need to help me?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What CSS have you added that’s not working?

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium first when we are helping?

Thanks 🙂

Jennifer

I answered your question already :/. All of the CSS that I added is not working, all of it. I just added your child theme, just now, and frontend is not changing accordingly.

What do plugins have to do with a child theme style.css?

I just added coding to the child functions.php and it worked just fine. The change showed up immediately on the frontend.

I cannot disable all the plugins for this will mess up my site.

It could be my cache, I will give it a few hours.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m trying to help as well but can’t see anything obvious that would cause this.

There is no other reports from other users as well.

It could definitely be a caching issue.

If you can give me an example CSS snippet that’s not working, I can then use browser inspector tool to see if it’s even being executed or overwritten by something.

Jennifer

Sorry wasn’t meaning anything negative by my response but you asked a question and I answered it. So how do you want me to respond differently when you ask what css have you added that’s not working?

My answer is all of it. Okay so back to the issue.

When I clicked on the child theme style.css under view source the file is empty. There is no css code showing. However under theme editor the css is there.

I am going to give it sometime so the cache can clear.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The theme itself really has no ability to block the CSS in your child theme from executing – our support forum would be flooded with this issue if it’s a bug as lots of people use child theme.

If the issue continues, I would recommend cloning the current set up on a staging server so we can go through some debugging tests like disabling all plugins.

We are always here to help 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.