[Resolved] Child theme – is it possible to auto-load the .json config file?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child theme – is it possible to auto-load the .json config file?

Home Forums Support Child theme – is it possible to auto-load the .json config file?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kemo

Hi,

I’m running several websites and I would like to include the .json config with my child theme, so I could more easily replicate it for my next sites. Is it possible to somehow set the options in the customizer using the files in my child theme?

thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jacob,

It’s not possible with a .json file at this time. It is possible to set the defaults with a PHP filter, but I’d love to be able to go the json route as well – I’m looking into it 🙂

Kemo

thanks. probably would have to write some kind of function that converts the .json into php filters for the customizer? IDK

anyway thanks for the help I read more about it and understand what has to be done.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s basically what our Import/Export feature does. For this, I assume it would be better if the theme automatically detected the file and used its contents as the defaults.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.