[Support request] Child Theme Clarification

Home Forums Support [Support request] Child Theme Clarification

Home Forums Support Child Theme Clarification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hello,

I’m fairly new to the GP theme (loving it!) On the first website I installed the Zeal theme (to use with Elementor.) Does the Zeal theme act as the child theme?

I assume yes. But want to confirm. I don’t want the site to blow up when I update GP in the future.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear you’re enjoying GP and good to see the Site library being used.

Sites are not child themes. They however will not ‘blow up’ when GP updates 🙂
    They are an imported package that includes all of the Theme settings (which modules are loaded, all customiser settings and any Hook content), the plugins and there settings, the associated media / posts and pages and sometimes quite a bit of CSS that is in the Customiser > Additional CSS

Chris

Thank you!

One more question. I plan on using GP and Elementor together. I like the combo so far.

What’s the best practice for using them together?

Install the GP theme, GP premium and Elementor. I plan on doing everything through Elementor, other than the occasional CSS update (I’ll use Simple CSS).

Sometimes I’ll use a site from your library, sometimes I won’t.

Thank you
    Chris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This varies from user to user.
    Me personally i keep all theme elements, blog layout and woocommerce in GeneratePress.
    I disable the Elementor global colors and fonts so i can control most of them through the Customiser.

Always use the Default template and if i need an empty canvas use the Disable Elements and Layout options in GP. This way i keep the Hooks and ability to use Page Headers.

If i need to add elementor based content globally or conditionally i will use GP hooks or widget areas to add them. And really keep Elementor to the page content only.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.