[Resolved] Child Theme after configuring GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child Theme after configuring GeneratePress

Home Forums Support Child Theme after configuring GeneratePress

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bruce

Hi:

I just implemented GeneratePress Premium and think it is great. I love the configurability of the theme and the Premium addons. After spending significant time configuring the various options available through the theme and the Premium addons, I decided that I need to make a css change to suppress navigation at the bottom of posts and believe that I should create a child theme to do that. When I create the child theme and activate it, I see that I have lost all the configuration that I did initially. This is a major pain. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to suck it up and go through and redo all the configuration?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You shouldn’t lose any configuration by activating a blank child theme – the settings live in the database which isn’t touched.

The one thing you might lose is your theme location in “Appearance > Menus”.

Another alternative if you’re just adding CSS is to use our Simple CSS plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Bruce

Thanks Tom for the quick and helpful solution. The Simple-CSS plugin worked like a charm.

I won’t bother with the child theme problem at this time. When I have a lot of time, I might investigate further.

Bruce

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.