[Resolved] Check outgoing requests? GDPR Test

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Check outgoing requests? GDPR Test

Home Forums Support Check outgoing requests? GDPR Test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matthias

Hi there,

i was wondering if there is a tool/way if a page communicates with external sources.
    I am asking because i wonder about the behaviour/where my page gets fonts from.
    There are 3 fonts (one font with 2 different weights, one in 1) installed – but i just realized i selected another one when i used gb to create content.

To be more precise – in the attached link you can see the font in weight “bold” which is “700” in the primary menu and also in a block e.g. in the word innovation.
    I did not provide the css for the bold/700 weight of the font – only for standard/400 and black/900.

So i wonder – where does this font size come from? e.g. my adblocker shows 0 blocked.
    Also in general: when i create a headline and mark a word as bold – is this another font – or is the standard font just used with more “width” (or however you might call that) – hope you know what i mean.

How do you check stuff like that (if needed – not sure about that – hence the question)?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you set a font to Bold then the browser will first check if there is an actual bold/700 font available.
    If there isn’t then it fake it from the font weight available.

You can check which fonts are being requested, by opening the browser developers tools by Right Clicking > Inspect the page and check the Network > Fonts tab. You may need to clear caches to see them.

Matthias

thx.
    Do you know how a font is “faked”? Is it as “simple” as resizing an existing font?
    Guess the same happens if you select some letters as Bold.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If the text is wrapped in <strong> tags ( which is what the core block editor does if you bold a string of text in its text block ) or has a CSS style of font-weight: bold then the browser will look for a bold/700 Font Variant.

If there isn’t a variant available it does some interpolation when rendering the font, inserting additional pixels to make the font look bolder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.