[Support request] Changing the value of the title of blog archive

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing the value of the title of blog archive

Home Forums Support Changing the value of the title of blog archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephane

Hello Support,

I would like to change to value of the title of blog archive appearing on this test website (see link below).
    I’ve already created a snippet named “Home Category Excluder” to show only posts from the category “Das Neuste” (“The Newest”) on this first archive page.
    But how can I change the title “Blog” in “Das Neuste”, name of the category which is shown on this page?
    Can I realize this with a Snippet?

Thanks in advance for your help + best wishes, Stephane

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Site uses the Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

If you go to Appearance > Elements you will see a Header Element that is assigned to the Entire Site. In the display rules, add an Exclusion: Blog.

Now make an exact duplicate of that Header Element. Add new and copy over the settings. Or use a Duplicate Post plugin to just copy it.

Then in the Hero content of the header you will see <h1>{{post_title}}</h1> replace the {{post_title}} template tag with your new heading e.g <h1>Das Neuste</h1>

Set your display rules to Blog and remove the exclusions.

It is only the Blog page that doesn’t use the {{post_title}} as it doesn’t have one 🙂

Stephane

Oh, this was really easy: thank you for your help David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.