[Support request] Changing the title size and weight in left sidebar only

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing the title size and weight in left sidebar only

Home Forums Support Changing the title size and weight in left sidebar only

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carole

Hello,

I would like to change the weight and size of the titles in the left sidebar widgets only.
    How can I do this please?
    Thanks
    Carole

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can target the sidebar independently using this CSS:

#left-sidebar .widget-title {
        font-size: 20px;
        font-weight: 500;
    }
    Claudio

Hello,

I created a left sidebar, where I placed a filter widget I made using FILTER EVERYTHING WP WooCommerce filter plugin. This filter is for product categories and product attributes.
    The CSS in the post above indeed changes the size and weight of the titles inside the widget, but I need to change that for content under each title. For example:
    (title) –> COLOR
    (content)-> White
    Blue
    Red

Please also let me know how I can control the spacing between the content entries. Thanks.

gp-premium-2.1.2

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Claudio,

You may target the specific Widget and change the color of its title and content with this code:

#left-sidebar .inside-left-sidebar > aside:nth-child(8) .widget-title {
        color: rgb(0,255,0);
    }

#left-sidebar .inside-left-sidebar > aside:nth-child(8) .wp-widget-group__inner-blocks{
        color: rgb(255,255,255);
    }

You’ll need to replace 8 with the position of the specific widget among other widgets. Moreover, you may also replace the rgb value to your preference: https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

Kindly copy and paste this code as many times as you want specific to each widget group you wish to alter.

With regards to the padding, you may try modifying it through Appearance > Customize > Layout > Sidebars > Widget Padding.

See: https://share.getcloudapp.com/YEurj67Z

Hope this clarifies! Feel free to reach out if you’ll need further assistance. If so, kindly raise a new ticket with the link to the site in question.

You may use the private information field if your prefer: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Kindly let us know. 🙂

Claudio

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your reply.
    I entered the code you gave me in SIMPLE CSS and added font size and weight:

#left-sidebar .inside-left-sidebar > aside:nth-child(1) .widget-title {
    }

#left-sidebar .inside-left-sidebar > aside:nth-child(1) .wp-widget-group__inner-blocks{
    }

The above code successfully changed the color and size of the widget titles but did not work for the individual attributes. I changed the number in the parenthesis randomly, to see if I saw changes in the individual attributes but sadly, no.
    Can you tell me where in WP can I find the the position of the left sidebar widget among other widgets?
    It just weird that it works for titles but not for the individual attibutes.

An example of the filter I have for reference.

EARRINGS TYPE (this is a title)

Chandeliers (These are individual attributes, did not change)
    Danglers
    Drops
    Ear Cuffs
    Ear Lines

CATEGORY (this is a title)

Rings (These are individual attributes, did not change)
    Earrings
    Necklaces

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Please open a new topic and provide a link to your site so we can see the issue.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Thanks!

Claudio

Thanks Leo, I’ll do that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.