Changing Sidebar BG Color

Home Forums Support Changing Sidebar BG Color

Home Forums Support Changing Sidebar BG Color

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John

It looks like it’s easy to change the sidebar WIDGET background or even background image… but can how do I change the whole sidebar background color?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

An option for this would be good I think – I’ll add it to the list.

For now, you can do this:

.inside-left-sidebar {
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }

.inside-right-sidebar {
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    John

Where would this be added. I actually looked around for a custom css section but didn’t find it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can add it using these instructions: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/

John

First, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate the quick response!

For now, to try it out, I just added a header text widget with style tags and the CSS you gave me. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like I had hoped.

I’m trying to emulate our existing theme and you don’t really treat the sidebars the same, so it might not be possible.

I work for a healthcare provider so we’re very limited in what’s open to us here or I’d post a screenshot.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You added the CSS to a header text widget?

That wouldn’t work – are you not able to add a child theme or use one of the plugins listed in that article?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

John

I actually downloaded and installed the child but I don’t get a custom css.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the child theme is activated, you can go to “Appearance > Editor” and add your CSS at the bottom of that file ๐Ÿ™‚

John

That’s not an option and I’ve verified that the Child Theme is active. It may be because we are using this in multi site mode. Either way… not Appearance->Editor.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, if you’re using multi site you have to go into the Network Admin area to edit the child stylesheet.

John

I changed it, but it doesn’t change what we need. We need the entire sidebar that color.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to your site so I can see the result as it is now?

John

I cannot. It’s for our internal intranet so there’s no access from outside the hospital network.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing then?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.