[Resolved] Changing post format to chat

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing post format to chat

Home Forums Support Changing post format to chat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eva

Hello there

I created a pile of posts, then change the default post format to chat. But only the posts created after I did that are showing the chat format. I can see 2 comment bubbles next to the post title for the 2 I created after changing the settings. When I edit them, the post format window displays 8 options to choose from including chat. When I edit any other post that was created prior to changing the format to chat, there are only 7 options to choose from not including chat…

Is there a way for me to make all my posts the chat format?

Thanks in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hmm what if you use the bulk edit function on the posts list?

If that doesn’t work then you might have to check with WordPress to see why the option isn’t showing for some posts as GP actually doesn’t control WordPress’ Posts Formats options.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Eva

No can do Leo… Chat isn’t available in the post format list unfortunately. I will do as you suggest and thanks for the suggestion & prompt response.

Regards
    Eva

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Eva

Hi Leo

Here is the response I received from WordPress forums:

It appears to be that the list at Settings > Writing is for all the post formats. It is for choosing a default. But the list in the editor and in the Quick Edit and in the Bulk Edit are dependent on what the theme has for add_theme_support( ‘post-formats’, xxx).

There is this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulk-convert-post-format/ which should work even though it is a little old.

But if you aren’t seeing the chat format in the list to choose from, your theme doesn’t support it, so it won’t look any different if you switch to it.

I installed the plug-in and it worked as chat post format was in the list. 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome.

Thanks for reporting back!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.