[Resolved] Changing page headers over to elements page heros

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing page headers over to elements page heros

Home Forums Support Changing page headers over to elements page heros

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sarah

Hiya – I have been applying page headers to my site happily – then realised that element now supersedes these – I am trying to apply the same theory to page headers – however my biggest issue is that I don’t want the h1 or page title to appear in the image – I just want the image on its own – no text no nothing BUT if I remove any text from within the large box in elements the background image doesn’t appear. All your examples only show background imagery plus content – how can I insert just an image only??

lastly I can never seem to get the page header or elements header to appear on the home page either?

any ideas on the image only please

Thank you
    Sarah

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.3
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there has to be something in the Hero content for the image to display, so add a HTML comment eg.:

<!-- image only hero -->

With the Header Element you would use the Front Page display rule to assign the header to your home page.

Sarah

Hi David – doh no why didn’t I think of that!! Thank you – that is much better than my “.” – and yes finally got the front page to work – I think it was a combination of no text that was the issue.

Also just a side note – assigning headers to the product categories (which is what I wanted this for) I have to select “product category archives” for it to work – which is a little odd? is there something that I have done to cause that?

Thank you I think I am sorted now – just need to recreate them all again 🙂
    SArah

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s great.
    Nope nothing wrong, that is the correct display rule for the product category pages.

glad to be of help

Sarah

ok great good to know! thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.