[Resolved] Changing From rehub theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing From rehub theme

Home Forums Support Changing From rehub theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mouse

I have bought the theme but I am not uploading it yet as I am changing the theme form Rehub to GP. I have 2 questions:

1- I have alot of posts with alot of buttons in there. They look something like this: [wpsm_button color=”btncolor” size=”big” link=”#” icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View on Amazon[/wpsm_button]

Now the problem is I would have to change them one by one and it would take me days max. Is there a way I can add something to make these buttons work?

2- In a similar manner, almost all of my featured images are sized 1000×400 do I have to change them all?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. The [wpsm_button] shortcode – is this added by the Theme or a Plugin?

2. This shouldn’t be a problem.

The best thing to do is to create a Staging site copy of your live site, then you can switch themes and see what breaks or needs fixing before pushing the changes to a live site

Mouse

Yes the [wpsm_button] is from the previous theme and there are alot of those in my website. So Need to do something that works here…

And what do you mean by staging… like testing it out on a different domain name?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You may need to hire a developer to replace the missing shortcode. It shouldn’t be too difficult as the code for it should be in the old themes functions.php file.

Most Hosts offer a staging environment – generally they just make clone of your TLD on a sub-domain or sub folder eg.

myoriginalsite.com -> staging.myoriginalsite.com

The is allows you to edit the staging site and when you’re done making changes they can ‘push’ those changes to the live site

Mouse

Can I give the file to you? If you can have a quick look at it… Otherwise I will just go ahead and do it manually.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s not something we can do unfortunately.

Mouse

Okay no problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.