[Support request] Changing bullets

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing bullets

Home Forums Support Changing bullets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Have installed GP Premium (Classic Theme).
    I have some pages with bullets that I want to change from the standard solid circle. Did not see how to do this within GP Premium so I installed the “Shortcodes Ultimate” plug-in (which is designed to allow this and is compatible with WordPress).
    The problem is when editing I cannot use the plug in. There is supposed to be an “Insert Shortcode” box above the text editing area but it does not show up.
    Is there another way to change the appearance of the bullets in GP Premium? Or, how can I get the “Insert Shortcode” box to appear so I can use the Shortcodes Ultimate plug-in?
    Note: Sent an email on this yesterday to Leo with screen shots.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

probably easier to style the List bullets in GP. What do you want to display in place of the standard bullet ?

David

My preference would be arrows, diamonds (filled or non-filled), or circles (non-filled). Really just looking for some variety instead of everything being a solid bullet.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This CSS will re-style the UL > LI elements that is within the content:

.entry-content ul li {
        list-style: none;
        position: relative;
    }

.entry-content ul li:before {
        content: "\26AC";
        position: absolute;
        left: -1.5em;
        color: red;
    }

This content: "\26AC"; property is used to set the new icon. This is a standard HTML symbol that is built into the browser. You can change it to any of them listed here:

https://www.toptal.com/designers/htmlarrows/

Or you can use a icon font library if you have one installed.

Len

Just tried this, but I have block editor gallery on the page and it adds the new bullet icon to that as well.
    I have added this CSS UNDER the css described above, to remove the bullet from each image in the gallery:

.entry-content ul li.blocks-gallery-item:before {
    content: “”;
    list-style: none;
    position: relative;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Len,

yeah the List element has a lot of different uses making the CSS to adjust it very specific to different sites.

Thanks for sharing your version to eliminate the conflict with the gallery 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.