[Support request] Changes in customizer not working as soon as I save and open website (CSS etc.)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changes in customizer not working as soon as I save and open website (CSS etc.)

Home Forums Support Changes in customizer not working as soon as I save and open website (CSS etc.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian

Dear support team,

I have been using GeneratePress on quite a few websites now and never had the following problem. Maybe you could help me. When I add custom CSS in the customizer or e.g. change the “read more” to “mehr lesen” (German) I see the changes as long as the customizer is open. When I save and close the customizer, the changes cannot be seen on the website. There is no caching plugin active. However, when I move the CSS from the customizer css section to the style.css of the child theme, everything works well.

What could be the reason for that? How could I fix it?

Looking forward to your reply and thank you for any help,
    Sebastian

Sebastian

Ah forgot, I have some screenshots showing the problem as well: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p7s4Dmtpvro75ulUNEaWYagDBOn7XZI1Jf_dlRf_Qm4/edit?usp=sharing

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s weird. It’s generally a caching problem when this happens.

Are you sure there aren’t any server cache or anything else?

If so can you try #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

If that still doesn’t help, any chance we can see the problem on a live site?

Sebastian

Hi Leo,

thanks for your reply. We will check for any plugin conflicts and server caching etc this week. If the problem still exists, I’ll get back to you.

One thing I noticed which may be related: The owner of the project added some menu items (pages) via the customizer, which don’t yet exist. And he was very frustrated because the menu items didn’t update on the live site (as these pages are in customizer draft mode, so not yet published). So maybe there is a conflict related to that. I have never used the customizer to create not yet existing pages to set up a menu so far…

We are going to delete the whole menu and also check for plugin conflicts.

If the problem still exists I can give access to you (live site / temporary wp login).

Thanks, Sebastian

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be good to check with your host if you can’t resolve the issue.

We can’t really do anything with your website access.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.