[Resolved] Change Shop Design

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Change Shop Design

Home Forums Support Change Shop Design

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David

Loving the theme so far, just a couple of questions.

Currently I have the SHOP set as the homepage……which is just showing products. How can I change this so that instead of showing products, we show categories, with a featured image for each?

I notice on the MERCH demo in the site library you have a slider at the top, then a couple of large images which link to categories…..how could I achieve something similar?

Cheers guys.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Merch simply uses the Gutenberg Blocks to create those images and links its all manual editing, whereas Niche uses the Woocommerce Shortcodes to display categories – list of them can be found here:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/

The shortcode Niche uses for categories is: [product_categories] with some additonal parameters for limiting it to parent categories only.

You can create a static home page and add these codes with any other content to create a similar look.

David

Thanks David
    Im just giving it a go via elements….following your instructional video but not having much joy….

Done a quick video here which shows elements are not working….do elements work with these theme?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kPlnLcmWiQwN-hpz3BQdrI3gfhwa4qjt/view

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Couple of things:

1. Header Elements must have some content ( text area below title ). To show only an image add a HTML comment eg.

<!-- Header Element -->

2. Add some top and bottom padding as this controls the height of the element.

David

Cheers mate….thats been a huge help. I’ve edited the code like this;

<!– Header Element –>

And site looks good πŸ™‚

https://www.dwellbelle.com/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help πŸ™‚

Matthias

Got a question about niche from the site library:

What is the reason that gutenberg plugin is installed?
    The plugin is offering a more actual version – i get that. But as it is also included in core itself i wonder what is the reason behind that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Gutenberg Plugin installs the latest version of the editor.
    The one included in core is around 4 – 6 weeks behind that.

At the time some of the Sites were built there were still quite a lot of Gutenberg bugs in core that the Plugin had fixed. Today its not really necessary and I will probably remove it when the Sites are next updated.

Matthias

thx – i thought it would be something like that.
    update sounds nice – already saw some using gb (guess thats the main reason for you).
    Regarding niche – as it is only using gutenberg and woocommerce its quite nice to have a minimal one like that.
    currently trying it out to create a shop based on that. But update sounds like i could wait a little with that πŸ˜‰

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you like the Site πŸ™‚
    The Niche update would be to use GenerateBlocks – but thinking about it that would only be the Title Header on the Home page lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.