[Support request] Change search layout

Home Forums Support [Support request] Change search layout

Home Forums Support Change search layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hilton

Hi,

Sometimes I wonder that it could be difficult for some users to understand that they have to click Enter to search. So I wonder that it would be better if the user could click in the magnifying glass as an another option to search.

Today (Regular behaviour): Clicking on the search opens the field to enter the text, an X appears for the person to close the field, and in the end the person is not sure what to do next to process the search.

How we want it:
    The person clicks the search and opens the field to enter the text, the magnifying glass continues to appear (in place of the X). If the person types something and clicks on the magnifying glass, the search is done. If he does not type anything and click the magnifying glass, the field is closed (just like the X nowadays). If he wants he can also press Enter to do the search, as it is currently done.

Thanks

Hilton

Hi,

This is not necessary because I’ve found what I was looking for here https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/change-the-search-bar-style-in-split-template/

Thanks anyway

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found the solution

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.